The classical example of architecture in the Morena district is Mitawali. Mitawli temple located on a circular platform in an open court enclosed by a circular wall with small cells and colonnade inside with a Shiva image in each cell. It is dated to the 14 century A.D. On the basis of an inscription dated to V.S.1380. It can be claimed that the temple was built by the erstwhile ruler Maharaja Devapala. The design is believed to inspire the construction of the Parliament house at New Delhi. Attached to circular verandah there are sixty four rooms and a big courtyard in the temple. In the centre of the temple there is the circular temple of Lord Shiva. Many people visit this place every year. The lush and greenery present here add beauty to the place.